Last Modified October 24, 2015
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Illinois, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Chicago, Illinois in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. PROHIBITED USE. Unless otherwise specifically indicated in these Terms and Conditions or on the Site, or unless you have received the express prior written permission from the Company's authorized personnel, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, data or materials on or available through the Site. You further agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose, any of the content, code, data, or other materials on or available through the Site, including, without limitation, the alteration or removal of any trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices. You do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or otherwise using any copyrighted material from or through the Site. If you make other use of the Web Site, or the content, data or materials thereon or available through the Web Site, except as otherwise provided above, you violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
5. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation or royalties, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
8. PROHIBITED USER CONDUCT. You warrant and agree that, while using the Site, you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, or provide false or misleading statements of fact; (b) insert your own or a third party's advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Site's content, materials or services (for example, without limitation, in an Embedded Video (as defined herein), RSS feed or a podcast received from us or otherwise through the Site), or, except as otherwise specifically authorized in these Terms and Conditions or on the Site use, redistribute, republish or exploit such content or service for any further commercial or promotional purposes; (c) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (d) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (e) interfering or attempting to interfere with, damage, disable, overburden or impair service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus, spyware or other harmful component to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (f) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, chain letters, pyramid schemes of any kind, or advertisements for products or services; (g) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (h) attempting or encouraging/supporting anyone else's attempt to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, circumvent, decrypt or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. You shall not: (i) engage in spidering, "screen scraping," "database scraping," harvesting of e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from or through the Site, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Site; (ii) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means; (iii) use the Site in violation, plagiarization or infringement of our or any third party's intellectual property, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary rights; or (iv) use the Site in violation of any applicable law. You agree that you shall not use the Site in any manner that could interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or any of its services. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
10. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
11. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
15. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2015 Rob Tong and 2015 Tong Ink, LLC, 1839 N. Hermitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60622. All rights reserved.
17. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
18. UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Illinois. The domain of the website is registered in the United States and the Site is hosted in the United States. The intended audience for this site consists of individuals in the United States only. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Illinois and the United States.
19. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall clearly publish on the home page the fact an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss and contact information so you may discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the Site. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.