In this 54-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the overall problem with youth baseball today (1:52)
- why shrinking home plate size won't make pitching harder (13:16)
- why sacrificing velocity for accuracy is not a bad approach (26:06)
- the problem with the base path distances (28:08)
- why the size of the baseball is a significant problem in youth baseball (32:03)
- the advantages of a smaller baseball (35:13)
- how a skilled youth team has reacted to these changes (39:31)
- Steve's Ted Williams League
- Flat ground analysis by Driveline (note: 99% of the article refers to adult baseball players)
- Subscribe to the YBE email newsletter
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.