Paul Niggebrugge, founder of Be Your Best Academy, warns us about hitting blindspots from a coaching perspective. We only covered three blindspots in this Part 1 of the interview but you'll find a lot of golden info here nevertheless!
Plus, Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week, this time about what to do when starting an 11U team.
And the winner of the giveaway drawing for Eric Cressey's High Performance Handbook is announced also.
In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what a "developmental travel baseball team" is
- why many kids are not fulfilled despite playing college baseball
- how travelball has changed over time
- the difference between hitting and batting
- why stats can be misleading
- better stats to track
- missed coaching opportunities during offensive downtime
- how to take advantage of such downtime and how to enforce it
- the disconnect between agreeing that confidence is important and how little it is taught
- the power of affirmation statements
- whether breathing exercises are useful
- the power of questions
- how to be critical without being negative
- the problem with fear
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.