In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what a "developmental travel baseball team" is
- why many kids are not fulfilled despite playing college baseball
- how travelball has changed over time
- the difference between hitting and batting
- why stats can be misleading
- better stats to track
- missed coaching opportunities during offensive downtime
- how to take advantage of such downtime and how to enforce it
- the disconnect between agreeing that confidence is important and how little it is taught
- the power of affirmation statements
- whether breathing exercises are useful
- the power of questions
- how to be critical without being negative
- the problem with fear
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.