In this 51-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why rules that state "in the same game, catchers can later pitch but pitchers can't later catch" are not sensible
- why rest days between pitching is one thing Pitch Smart got right
- why kids should throw more, not less, and two criteria for throwing more
- how kids should throw more
- one significant problem in pitcher mechanics that leads to stress on the arm
- the number of mechanical inefficiencies that exist
- two ways to limit or eliminate mechanical inefficiencies, including a sample drill
- why flexibility & mobility is important to youth players
- how to personalize team practices
- how to help kids who pitch slower than they throw, including a practical drill
- Four types of mechanical inefficiencies
- Pitch Smart guidelines
- Part 1 of my interview with Ron Wolforth
- Podcast interview with John T. Reed in Session #8
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.