Last time, Rob Tong gave several small tips that can yield big improvements. They were small in the sense that they are minor changes to what you already do for your team. In today's show, Rob gives several big tips that can yield big improvements. This round of tips is "big" in the sense that they will change the culture of your team or program and generally will require a long-term vision and implementation.
In this 23-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how you should think of training and drills
- whether you should bother teaching hitting mechanics
- the value of tee work and side toss
- an oft-discussed yet rarely-implemented important component in practices
- one often neglected position that should be given much more attention
- why you should sweat the small stuff
- how to handle the rarely-discussed subject of bad character in youth baseball
- what to value above games
- 5 ways to improve your leadership skills
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- How to support YBE
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.