In this 44-minute episode, you'll learn:
- when Jake began to realize he could have potential beyond high school
- how Jake got the Brewers job
- whether his passion for the game was innate or developed
- what drove Jake to persevere in baseball despite being one of the worst players on his youth teams
- how competitive toughness differs from having a strong mental game
- whether competitive toughness is a genetic trait or a trainable skill
- how to assess whether players have competitive toughness
- the key to a proper training environment for developing competitive toughness
- one pothole to keep in mind when assessing individual players' competitive toughness
- the three types of competitors
- how to assess players' competitive toughness
- how to nudge players towards healthy competitive toughness
- what is an ideal coach demeanor to instill competitive toughness
- how coaches can individualize their demeanor to different players
- what the 40/70 rule is
- why stress can be helpful, and why rest is helpful
- videos for the Wass Strength Tip Of The Week on single leg RDL
- Michael Jordan's "Flu Game" highlights
- Michael Jordan's "Failure" commercial
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.