YBE has devoted several sessions to strength training. But how important is strength training anyway? Ben Brewster, founder of Tread Athletics, explains why strength training can help you bust through your current limitations. This is Part 1 of a two-part series.
Plus, find out who won free YBE swag!
In this 42-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what age Ben started to take baseball seriously
- how Ben transformed himself from 150-lb high school kid to a 220-lb pro pitching prospect
- the ratio of strength training vs mechanics Ben employed
- what are 'newbie gains'
- Ben's progress during college
- why Ben is down on conditioning for player development
- whether everyone can throw 90 mph
- whether kids can gain 15-20 mph if they've never trained before
- how your diet can affect your strength development
- two tips for improving your player's diet
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Ben Brewster's Tread Athletics
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.