In this 42-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what age Ben started to take baseball seriously
- how Ben transformed himself from 150-lb high school kid to a 220-lb pro pitching prospect
- the ratio of strength training vs mechanics Ben employed
- what are 'newbie gains'
- Ben's progress during college
- why Ben is down on conditioning for player development
- whether everyone can throw 90 mph
- whether kids can gain 15-20 mph if they've never trained before
- how your diet can affect your strength development
- two tips for improving your player's diet
- Ben Brewster's Tread Athletics
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download