In this 39-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how teaching smart baserunning to young kids is unfairly demonized
- why you should teach smart baserunners
- what's wrong with the argument that nothing good comes out of teaching "aggressive" baserunning
- the difference between smart baserunning and not-so-smart baserunning
- an unintended benefit of teaching smart baserunners
- the fallacy in the argument that teaching smart baserunning to young kids is unnecessary because "it's just 5-6 year old baseball"
- 5 drills related to running from home to 1B
- 5 drills related to running from 1B to 2B
- Interview with Justin Stone
- Interview with John T. Reed
- Teaching The Complete Baserunner
- Interview with Austin Wasserman; free book on high-level throwing
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.