Tim Corbin, head baseball coach at 2014 College World Series Champion Vanderbilt University, shares his perspectives on young player development and being a coach at the collegiate level. This is Part 1 of a two-part interview with Tim.
Plus, Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com shares a video on youth squat patterns in Wass Strength's Tip Of The Week.
In this 34 minute episode, you'll learn:
- Tim's humble beginnings as a collegiate coach
- what David Price was like in college
- which side of the nature-vs-nurture sports debate Tim is on
- whether he views warm-weather players differently than cold-weather players
- whether being a collegiate baseball coach is a young man's game today
- how collegiate coaching has changed over the past 15 years, and how to adapt
- Tim's approach towards going through a collegiate head baseball coaching interview
- a great analogy of what Tim likens coaching to
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.