Michael Port, author of the best-selling book Steal The Show, discusses how youth baseball coaches can communicate better and command the huddle with their players.
In this 32-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why learning and understanding communication skills in youth baseball is important
- whether being happy as a coach is important
- why coaches should know the players' personalities
- how to deal with ambivalent players (including what NOT to do)
- one way to deal with misbehaving players
- whether consequences are a good idea
- whether your voice should be firm or gentle
- one useful technique for communicating to your team
- how to communicate without yelling
- what emotional intelligence is
- how to have more presence
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Heroic Public Speaking, training to improve public speaking
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.