In this 54 minute episode, you'll learn:
- which of the five tools to focus on with young players
- what two other areas are vital to focus on
- two easy ways for young kids to learn these two other areas
- why complete player development is so important, not just honing disparate "tools"
- a brilliantly easy way to help kids stay focused on the game between pitches
- a situational game for more experienced players
- why thinking in a game is bad for players
- why chalk talks are still important in practices
- when it's ok and when it's not ok to throw sidearm
- the four types of ground ball hops, and how to handle each
- the difference between positive fielding moves and negative fielding moves
- why what most coaches teach about positive fielding moves is wrong
- four principles for getting the mind right
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.