Do you have a system when planning your youth baseball practices? How about when planning them out for the entire year? Rob discusses some common practice planning pitfalls as well as some tips when planning your own practices. Plus Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com shares his 2016 CatcherCon slides in this week's Wass Strength Training Tip Of The Week.
In this 44-minute episode, you'll learn:
- 5 problems with the typical annual youth baseball practice plan
- 7 pieces to a framework for efficient practices
- why youth baseball coaches don't need to worry about Malcolm Gladwell's popular "10,000 Rule"
- 8 tips for planning your youth baseball practices
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Josh Kaufman's TEDx talk
- Blog post: The 80/20 Rule For Youth Baseball (And How Knowing It Will Radically Change How You Organize Your Practices)
- Blog post: Minimizing Use Of The Term “Practice” For Practices
- Daniel Coyle book: "The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How"
- Free ebook: "The Only Drills You'll Ever Need"
- Austin Wasserman's 2016 CatcherCon slides
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.