Bobby Tewksbary, founder of TewksHitting.com, shares some important information on how to strive towards the elite swing. This is Part 1 of a two-part interview.
Plus, Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week, this time about how to create more interest in youth baseball. And Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com debuts his new strength training segment, Wass Strength's Tip Of The Week.
In this 44-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the experience of pitching to Josh Donaldson in an All-Star Game
- how Bobby dealt with his parents' divorce at an early age
- how he learned to love the game despite that personal background
- what's wrong with travelball
- why high school ball is dying
- what you'll find when you study elite hitters vs non-elite hitters for yourself
- what the optimal bat launch angle is
- how to answer the argument that anybody can swing if they put in enough work
- how to answer the argument that "my kid's swing is good enough now"
- how soon kids can be taught proper hitting mechanics
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.