Dan Keller of DugoutCaptain.com shares more ideas for making practices fun. This is Part 2 of a two-part series.
Plus Justin Stone of Elite Baseball Training answers the Question Of The Week about what it means to 'stay connected.' And Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com explains the floor dumbbell press for youth baseball and softball players in the Wass Strength Tip Of The Week.
In this 53-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how to make fundamentals fun
- a quick phrase to teach fielding fundamentals
- the structured way to teach fielding—before getting to reps
- the structured way to teach fielding in a small group using reps
- a detailed plan for how to structure the hitting part of practice
- a couple ideas to make hitting more fun
- how to scale rec practices to travel
- a way to expedite teaching young hitters how to stand and stride in the batter’s box
- game drill ideas for hitting, defense and catchers
- why you should write down your coaching philosophy
- how to involve the mental game in your practices
- how coaches can help alleviate the stress involved in games
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Austin's Wass Strength Tip Of The Week is the floor db press
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.