In this 37-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how Tommy got his job
- what is an 'advance scout'
- what Tommy's job involves
- what other data Tommy gets besides what TV viewers see
- whether you have to have an Ivy League diploma to get this kind of job
- whether there will be more opportunities in this analytics department going forward
- what are the keys to success for people in this type of role
- how a person with a playing background is different from a non-player in this type of role
- how teams differentiate themselves from other teams in analytics
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download