In this 33-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how to apply the concept of "Know It, Do It, Own It" to player routines
- how to help players have short-term memories
- how parents can undermine a coach's effort to help a kid's mental toughness
- why teaching players how to handle success is similar to teaching them how to handle failure
- how to help keep the confidence up of players who always bat low in the batting order
- how coaches can help themselves to be mentally tough (e.g., not too down after tough losses)
- the number one thing Tom believes you should help your players believe
- a better approach than the so-called "criticism sandwich" for correction
- Heads Up Baseball 2.0 book
- Heads Up Baseball 2.0 book, team volume discount page
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download