In this 33-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how to apply the concept of "Know It, Do It, Own It" to player routines
- how to help players have short-term memories
- how parents can undermine a coach's effort to help a kid's mental toughness
- why teaching players how to handle success is similar to teaching them how to handle failure
- how to help keep the confidence up of players who always bat low in the batting order
- how coaches can help themselves to be mentally tough (e.g., not too down after tough losses)
- the number one thing Tom believes you should help your players believe
- a better approach than the so-called "criticism sandwich" for correction
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.