In this 46-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the first three things you want to emphasize with your catchers (two of them are not what you think!)
- whether, at higher levels, there's one receiving stance with runners on base
- some uncommon techniques to teach blocking
- three key things to practice when mastering blocking pitches
- three tips for better receiving
- three things recommended not to do for better receiving
- three drills for better receiving
- one key question to ask about your catcher's receiving stances
- whether catcher setup in relation to the plate can influence strikes being called
- whether indifference can be coached/drilled out of catchers
- D1 Catching
- Austin Wasserman's Base Stealing: Leads & Footwork ebook
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download