In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why protein powders are not a supplement
- how protein factors into weight gain
- what is absolutely the biggest return on your investment
- when in the year your kids will develop their skills the most
- the two ways to get stronger
- whether trial & error in strength training is positive or negative
- why you shouldn't concern yourself too much with specific exercises for specific muscle groups
- what exercises are never a good idea
- whether experienced or newbie strength training players should work out during the season
- why it's important to know the difference between intensity and volume
- what are the essentials of building a home gym
- whether a kid should see a trainer when first starting out with strength training
- what is internal motivation and an easy way for a parent/coach to spot it
- one tip for any player
- Ben Brewster's Building the 95mph Body ebook, $39.99. Enter code YOUTHEDGE at checkout to get $10 off. Thanks to Ben for the discount to YBE listeners.
- Tread Athletics
- Ben Brewster's Summer 2017 pitching workout
- Metric-driven velocity training at Tread Athletics
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.