Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (33:06) about how two competitive tryout rejections in a short span might affect an 8-year-old, and how to prepare.
In this 41-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how David transitioned from coach to advocate (5:25)
- how technology is impacting kids both on the field and off the field (7:20)
- how technology has replaced face-to-face interaction among young people (9:30)
- disheartening stories involving kids and technology (11:19)
- how big of a problem is it when kids are heavily on devices (8:48)
- how multi-faceted the problem is(13:51)
- how young people tend to use social media (16:17)
- how to use technology properly (17:55)
- how parents can help set restrictions without causing conflict with their kids (20:27)
- two practical tips for parents to help kids unplug (21:32)
- how parents can find it difficult to model healthy technology habits (23:24)
- how to help kids (and parents) deal with FOMO (the fear of missing out) (24:56)
- whether digital detoxes are necessary (26:53)
- two practical tips for coaches to improve real connection (28:23)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- David Klein's America Offline
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.