In this 48-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why Ted Williams liked Steve Ferroli (5:41)
- a little insight into what Ted Williams was like (8:06)
- two things from Ted's book The Science Of Hitting that really helped Steve (12:02)
- why—and how to—teach hitting from the contact point backwards (14:10)
- two popular teaching tools/techniques that Steve despises (15:45)
- when—and how—to teach timing (16:47)
- Steve's opinion of wiffle ball (26:37)
- Steve's opinion on level swings (28:55)
- general guidelines for batting stance and stride (31:03)
- Steve's thoughts on travel ball (33:02)
- Steve's Ted Williams League
- How to play Spoons
- Suggested rules for Wiffle Ball games
- Telephone Pictionary
- Leave an honest rating & review of the YBE podcast on iTunes
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.