In this 45-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what age Rudy thinks is appropriate to start travel
- how Wilson MVP differs from other travel programs
- benefits of playing travel ball
- the biggest flaw of playing travel ball
- Rudy's mission statement for his team
- 3 tips for parents to differentiate coaches who can teach vs coaches who cannot
- whether it's possible for players to be elite without playing travel
- why Rudy's team practices less
- what aspect to start team practices with
- how Rudy's team practices are structured
- what makes Rudy's system so "complex and sophisticated"
- tips for tryouts
- how Rudy handles recruiting
- how to evaluate pitchers
- Wilson MVP
- The Wass Strength Tip Of The Week on the Teaching Turkish Get-Ups To Youth Athletes
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download