In this 36-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how Peter got involved in pitch recognition science
- the pros and cons of travel baseball
- why tracking and pitch recognition are different
- whether pitch recognition is different from vision training
- whether ball vs strike and fastball vs breaking ball are two different types of pitch recognition
- sample on-field pitch recognition drills
- whether it's truth or myth that batters can tell breaking pitches by how it's released out of the pitcher's hand
- whether fat wrist vs skinny wrist is a helpful pitch recognition cue
- whether pitch recognition cues are good or bad
- MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- IITSEC Conference, the world's largest modeling, simulation and training conference
- Thinking, Fast and Slow book
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download