Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (17:32) about why not teach a level swing if it produces higher batting averages.
In this 34-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what TWO new things to do in your Parent Meeting (3:22)
- one specific thing that can help improve your team's defensive IQ (7:41)
- what "boring" thing to do occasionally in practices to help your player's individual skills (8:56)
- what tweak to make in your tryouts to find better hitters for your team (10:30)
- what tweak to make in your practices to help kids improve faster (11:54)
- one subtle similarity between rec teams and select/travelball teams that you may not have noticed (13:58)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode
- John T. Reed on YBE (incl. discussion on Parent Meetings)
- Tony Gwynn single swing vs home run swing
- Tony Gwynn home run swing
- Wade Boggs home run swing
- Run expectancy
- Correlation may not mean causation
- Support Support YBE
- Subscribe to the YBE YouTube channel
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.