In this 38-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why to value pitching accuracy over velocity despite today's velocity-crazed youth environment (2:14)
- why telling kids what they need to change won't work, and what to do instead (5:06)
- why it's REALLY, REALLY difficult to replicate game situations in practice, and what you can do to better replicate them (7:45)
- how you can avoid many kids standing around in practice, even if you have 20-40 kids (14:55)
- why you should emphasize decision-making opportunities in practice (19:17)
- the need to practice cut & relay plays more often than you think you need (23:04)
- the need to make bad calls in practice games (27:03)
- about a red-yellow-green system for 3B runners (28:56)
- Vanderbilt 7-station infield practice
- Support YBE
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.