In this 51-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what lessons Dan learned while injured as a player that he didn't learn while playing
- Dan's thoughts on travelball
- how to help rec leagues compete with travelball
- three key ingredients when organizing practices
- the #1 key to having volunteer coaches who feel fulfilled
- the first step to having a fun practice, some ideas and why it's important
- the three remaining stages of practice before station work, with several examples
- the final four components of practice, including a unique closing segment idea
- how Dan scales back his 8-step practice format for younger players
- how to make sprint work more game-like
- how to utilize the field for practices
- the best way to make practices fun, including multiple drills and ideas
- Austin's Wass Strength Tip Of The Week is Austin's own practice plans and post-game recaps
- Tim Corbin interview, part 1
- Tim Corbin interview, part 2
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.