In this 37-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what Brent is doing now that his pitching coach days at Wichita State are behind him
- a major theme he wants all youth coaches to keep in mind
- the biggest barrier for pitchers, and how coaches can help them overcome that
- whether to talk to a pitcher who's doing well
- the tricky part of trying to individualize your handling of each pitcher
- one critical note about handling pitchers who respond to a "push"
- a warning about overpraising pitchers who do well
- The Mental Game Of Baseball book by Harvey Dorfman on Amazon.com
- The Mental ABCs of Pitching: A Handbook for Performance Enhancement book by Harvey Dorfman on Amazon.com
- Pareto Principle as it relates to youth baseball
- Austin Wasserman's Strength Tip Of The Week on Sled drags
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.