How is the health of your relationship with your baseball-playing child? How would you know? Is pushing your child always wrong? Rob Tong, host of the Youth Baseball Edge podcast, addresses these questions and introduces the Open Baseball Journal. Learn ten questions you should ask your player(s) after each season that will help keep your relationship with your player(s) on the right track—or to get on the right track if you've been derailed.
Plus Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week about how to help a player who's always short-arming the ball.
In this 31-minute episode, you'll learn:
- whether it's always wrong to push your child
- 4 DO's when doing the Open Baseball Journal with your kid(s)
- 5 DON'Ts when doing the OBJ
- 3 rules of thumb for doing the OBJ
- 10 essential questions you should ask your kid(s) after each season
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Ben Brewster's Building the 95mph Body ebook, $39.99. Enter code YOUTHEDGE at checkout to get $10 off. Thanks to Ben for the discount to YBE listeners.
- interview with Paul Reddick about 5-6-7 conversations
- Susan Seay, the Intentional Mom
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.