Tug Gillingham of Lincoln Park Baseball Academy discusses ideas on how to organize and structure practices. We also segue into fungo golf and more interestingly, defending 1st & 3rd situations. This is Part 2 of a two-part interview.
Plus Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week about why advanced baseball players should not catch the ball in the web of their glove. And Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com talks about different types of steal starts and which is best in the Wass Strength Training Tip Of The Week.
In this 44-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how much time to allocate in your practices to various skills
- how to play fungo golf
- ideas for defending 1st & 3rd situations
- how to manage hitting work during practice
- what to do with instructional videos you encounter on the internet that you don't fully understand
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Three of Tug's practice plans
Plan #8:Plan #9:Plan #13:
- Vanderbilt Fungo Golf
- Austin Wasserman's Base Stealing: Leads & Footwork e-book
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.