In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the sacrifice Lorenzo made for Andrew
- when Andrew started playing baseball and whether he excelled initially
- when Lorenzo first recognized Andrew might be something special
- Lorenzo's advice on how to get an edge over other baseball athletes
- what age Andrew was able to catch and throw
- how much of Andrew's training was encouraged by Lorenzo vs. how much Andrew drove himself
- two things Andrew did in senior year of high school to prepare to dominate
- whether Andrew's drive to be great was self-motivated or parent-influenced
- how Lorenzo could tell Andrew loved the game
- how long Lorenzo was Andrew's coach
- what age Andrew started playing travel ball
- what travel ball did for Andrew
- whether Andrew chose baseball or football, or whether Lorenzo helped Andrew with the decision
- whether speed is God-given, developed or both
- whether playing multiple sports develops athleticism, or whether athleticism leads you to play multiple sports
- whether elite skill is God-given, developed or both
- why Lorenzo thinks baseball is not attractive to African-Americans
- Lorenzo's baseball parenting style
- how Andrew's parents helped him become the humble humanitarian he is
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.