We've heard about the mental game but how do we actually apply it to our baseball coaching? How do we make the concept of mental game more practical? Brian Cain, #1 international best-selling author, speaker and coach, helps us with exactly that.
In this 39-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how different is handling the mental game different between youth athletes and adult athletes
- how to teach the mental game: EDIP
- what we can speed up in practice to make games feel easier, with multiple examples
- the difference between a fixed vs growth mindset
- why we should redefine what an athlete is
- seven ways to help kids convert from a fixed to a growth mindset
- guidelines for when to push kids to become elite
- three practical examples of how to help kids mentally overcome the fear of getting hit by a pitch
- how to help kids who are not doing well
- how to handle kids who are cocky
- an example of one way to help kids handle parental/fan pressure in the stands
- the difference between an elite mental game, an above average mental game and an average mental game
- a brief description of Brian's mental game certification for coaches
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Brian Cain's Peak Performance Coaching Certification
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
- Subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.