In this 43-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how many days a week a youth and high school player should work on his baseball skills
- what is the most important part of coaching
- what are constraints and how can you use them for positive benefit
- one fantastic tip to help troubleshoot problematic areas with players
- the three types of competition that, when combined, exponentially fosters improvement
- a sample competition to spur players to improve themselves
- how to handle competitions where the disparity of skill is great
- how to handle players who shrink from competition
- how to handle players who don't have the drive of elite athletes
- one characteristic that identifies players who will work hard
- how much the players' home environment plays in their work ethic
- whether there can be too much competition, and what is the optimal amount
- how much negative emotion can players express, and for how long
- videos for the Wass Strength Tip Of The Week on kettle bell front rack reverse lunges
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.