Did you know that if you are traveling from San Francisco to Washington, D.C. and are off-course by just one degree, you'd end up in Baltimore? Small changes can sometimes have big consequences. And sometimes that applies to coaching youth baseball as well. Many times we're looking for that magic bullet that will make our kids enormously better—yet sometimes we just need to make some small, fine-tuned adjustments. Rob Tong shares seven seemingly minor changes coaches and parents can make to help kids make big improvements. If you have your own small tips to share with Edge Nation, leave a comment below.
In this 33-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why and how you should be mindful of what you say to kids in games
- what you should emphasize more in your pre-game routine
- one way that will guarantee hundreds of extra, productive reps
- a simple change in your practices that will dramatically improve your fielders
- how to have more effective & efficient grounder reps
- what you should do more of...that nobody likes to do
- one thing to eliminate because it's completely useless
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Kai Correa & Tucker Frawley on the Calls From The Clubhouse podcast
- Unbiased product recommmendations from Rob Tong
- Justin Stone's EliteBaseball.tv
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.