Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (48:22) about whether a 27-foot home indoor batting cage will be adequate to help a 9-10U hitter who's struggling.
In this 54-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what it's like to turn down an opportunity to play in the major leagues (3:22)
- what it's like to be in the minor leagues (4:15)
- two reasons why Latin players with less resources are able to be more successful than Americans with more resources (6:00)
- Bo's favorite drill, including variations (10:34)
- what Bo believes was the wrong way—and what is now the right way—to teach pitching (16:40)
- why the bear crawl is a great extrinsic motivator (20:03)
- what does good team culture look like at the youth/high school level (23:40)
- the top 10 team culture essentials (24:38)
- how to implement your team culture (32:08)
- an optimal—and yet simple—hitting approach (33:46)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.