In this 33-minute episode, you'll learn:
- two differences between baseball strength training and regular or other sports' strength training
- what age is too young to start baseball strength training
- a sample blueprint for 9-12 year olds
- what to do if you don't know what to do
- what age should kids start lifting weights?
- whether weightlifting will stunt their growth
- two things to watch out for in a strength training program
- whether the benchpress will decrease arm speed
- 6 strength training things kids can do to improve running speed
- 1 technique kids can work on to improve running speed
- what routines kids can do to increase bat speed and power
- The International Youth Conditioning Association
- Eric Cressey's YouTube videos
- USA Baseball's Education Center (note: contains no strength training)
- Eric Cressey's web site
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.