Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (28:34) about whether kid pitchers should be more conscientious about hitting batters with pitches or to not worry about hitting batters.
In this 34-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how we can help quiet kids open up more (5:35)
- how coaches can plan for open communication time at practices when the practice schedule is already packed (7:51)
- how to handle parents who disagree with your desire for kids to connect more with teammates (10:15)
- four baseball-related scripts for introvert coaches uncomfortable talking with the team (12:00)
- three non-baseball-related scripts to get your team to open up on non-baseball things (14:05)
- whether coaches should also participate in sharing during connection time (18:28)
- how to handle those awkward moments when no one wants to share (20:12)
- the importance of understanding digital wellness elements for youth athletes (21:59)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- David Klein's America Offline
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.