In this 42-minute episode, you'll learn:
- when to introduce batting stance/setup basics
- 3 tips to help kids be more comfortable swinging the bat
- 1 key technique (and accompanying cue) to help kids follow through on the swing
- a tip for teaching how to ingrain in kids to get their arms back more when throwing
- 2 more tips for teaching kids how to throw
- 2 game ideas for teaching how to tag runners
- a key tip for helping kids learn how to catch a thrown ball
- the main reason for teaching in a progression (at any level)
- how to separate kids in groups during practices
- practice logistics
- a tip to help kids know which order of bases to run to
- a tip to teach kids how to run to first base
- whether to teach these young kids how to round the base
- whether kids should split defensive time between infield and outfield
- whether kids should follow the key rules (e.g., if batter is out, he cannot stay on the base)
- the value of a team newsletter
- Marty's book T Ball Skills & Drills
- If you have Amazon Prime, just log into your account and search for "Schupak baseball" to watch his baseball videos for free
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download