In this 53-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why a bad cue can be good even if it's still bad (15:53)
- two reasons why focusing on pitching mechanics isn't helpful for youth pitchers (20:52)
- two practical tips to help train youth pitchers (26:17)
- why both velocity & accuracy should be equally trained (30:54)
- two plyocare ball drills & three tools that kids should use before actually throwing a baseball (37:34)
- how intentional catch play can help support pitcher training (40:40)
- how to help kids who struggle throwing strikes at a certain distance (41:41)
- whether youth pitchers should throw with plyocare balls off a pitching mound (42:45)
- Pivot pickoffs
- Reverse throws
- Driveline youth high-intent throwing article
- Kyle Boddy interview, part 1
- Kyle Boddy interview, part 2
- 2020 Lessons Learned
- Support YBE
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.