Bobby Tewksbary, founder of TewksHitting.com, shares the components of the elite swing. This is Part 2 of a two-part interview.
Plus, Austin Wasserman of WassermanStrength.com discusses four more youth performance principles in Wass Strength's Tip Of The Week.
In this 36-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what to do with batting mechanics with a team with high turnover
- two things for hitters to track which can help their hitting tremendously
- four swing characteristics that matter
- one general tool to help you assess how the body is creating the bat path
- whether to omit certain concepts for younger hitters
- how to help hitters who have a casting problem
- two tips to help kids who have a big leg lift and are swinging late
- five absolutes of hitting, besides proper bat path
- why sometimes bad teaching cues can be intentionally used to cure bad swing mechanics
- why hitters may think they're doing something that they're not
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Bobby is giving away a free copy of his Elite Swing Mechanics ebook, just for YBE listeners. This is a 150+ page beast that comes with videos. Go here to enter the drawing. It's a $50 value, and it's yours free if you win the drawing. Contest ends Monday, October 24, 2016 at 9pm CT. Good luck!
Check out Tewk's analysis of the fall of Albert Pujols since joining the Angels:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.