In this 43-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what's the difference between coaching high school, Division 1 and Division 2
- the problem with pitch counts
- the problem with skill development in tee-ball
- the minimum 9 skills of a complete catcher
- whether the gap is smaller in today's data era of baseball between good youth catchers and bad youth catchers
- why learning all those skills is harder than learning all the skills of other positions
- whether a good youth catcher is worth more, less or the same as a good MLB catcher
- a key side of skill development (hint: starts with a 'p'), and why it's critical
- a smart way to develop that key side of skill development
- D1 Catching
- Austin Wasserman's Supine Anti-Resistance Movement exercises
- The Most Famous Frame Of All Time
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.