John Fitzgerald of Sports Vision Training explains the concept of vision training for baseball and how it can help young baseball athletes improve their game. This is Part 1 of a two-part interview.
Plus Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week about why advanced baseball players do not put their entire hand inside their glove.
In this 41-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how John got started with the idea of how important vision training is
- what exactly vision training will improve and what your expectations should be
- whether coaches should try to test players' vision in practice
- whether players should get their eyes checked every year
- whether such a thing as a 'dominant eye' exists
- whether a 'dominant eye' should determine which side of the batter's box to hit from
- how depth perception affects a batter's ability to hit
- how to test depth perception
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.