In this 34-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the importance of not playing baseball all year round
- what it means to coach "outside the box"
- turning the glove inside out to break a glove in
- how to help coaches be better coaches
- how to help volunteer parents be more educated about coaching baseball
- one of the first things coaches should help kids understand about baseball
- the most important aspect of practice
- how to simplify teaching the basics of beginner throwing
- a tip to help kids stay balanced in their swing
- how to help kids understand the point of contact
- a tip to help younger kids improve their timing
- a tip for older kids to improve their timing
- why 'pepper' should not require hitting the ball into the ground
- how to do BP in team practices that keep kids moving
- 5 hitting station ideas for high school teams
- an extra hitting tip for high school or travel teams that don't have access to hitting tunnels or cages
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download