In this episode, you'll learn:
- what a "strong arm" means for infielders
- whether popular drills like the "crane drill" help infielders
- whether it is wrong to teach kids not to "short-arm" the ball
- whether it is wrong to teach kids not to sidearm their throws
- how to teach throwing to tee-ball kids
- a killer tip to teach how to catch throws with tee-ball kids
- how to teach throwing to older kids and whether drills change with age
- what "soft hands" means
- whether kids should charge routine ground balls or circle to them (you may be surprised by the answer)
- what is a good precursor to good infield play
- an important technique to teach infielders to cut down time to throw
- how to motivate kids to remember to do creep steps
- how to connect with uninterested players
- what coaches look for in high school players
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:Right-click on this link and 'Save as...' to download this episode.
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.