In this episode, you'll learn:
- how to define what a competent coach is
- how local leagues can truly create parity
- what the most coachable aspect of baseball is
- what "two-strike hitting" is (it's not what you think)
- how to implement "two-strike hitting"
- whether scouting is worthwhile in youth baseball
- Jack's case for playing kids in one or two positions all season
- a drill for parents to help beginner kids learn how to catch
- why Jack doesn't do any batting practice at all. Ever.
- why it's bad to hit off a machine in a batting cage
- why you should have a parent meeting
- how to reach unmotivated players
- how often to practice sliding
- how to keep players from misbehaving
- baseball books by John T. Reed
- Succeeding book by John T. Reed
- Little League
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download