Joe Perona grew an obscure local park program that even his son's friends didn't want to join into two-time state champions. On this session of the Youth Baseball Edge podcast, Joe describes his blueprint for building a powerhouse program from scratch.
Note: this episode was originally recorded in early October.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- how to define a vision for your program
- how your vision changes depending on whether your team is travel or house
- how soon Joe saw progress in his rebuild
- the secret key to growing your program, and its powerful snowball effect
- five physical attributes to look for in a player
- two intangible attributes to look for in a player
- whether to release a player with troublesome parents, or to ignore those parents
- the optimal number of players on your roster
- the secret to quickly turning around your program
- the most critical thing to spend your program's money
- a recommended aspect to work on first in your practices
- how often practices took place, and practice structure
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.