In this episode, you'll learn:
- why pitchers should beware of tricks to boost velocity
- which cues from renowned pitching instructor Tom House are problematic, and why
- whether there is evidence that the "inverted W" when pitching is problematic
- what the difference is between the "inverted W" arm action of Chris Sale and Mark Prior
- what to do if you have an athlete trying to pitch
- what 3 absolutes to look for when teaching young pitchers
- what "arm drag" is while pitching and how to spot it
- what is important, when hitting, prior to heel plant
- when doing video analysis of a swing, which two milestones are the ones to focus on
- what two things to look for at each milestone of the swing
- what to do if your batter has a very bent front knee when hitting the ball
- Chris's theory why Albert Pujols' production has dropped since leaving the Cardinals
- whether icing a youth pitcher's arm after a game is beneficial
- Chris O'Leary's analysis of Albert Pujols' swing
- Chris O'Leary's web site, including tons of free information for teaching baseball and softball players
- the Inverted W
- Flat Arm Syndrome (pitching arm is down at foot plant)
- Pitching arms should be up at foot plant, not down
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download