Travis Kerber of Elite Baseball Training gives a master class for youth baseball coaches and parents on how to teach kids how to pitch. It will almost certainly revolutionize how you teach pitching to your kids. This is part 1 of a two-part interview with Travis.
There will not be a Question Of The Week in this week's episode. We did have another great question lined up but Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv did not have enough time to get us his answer so you'll have to tune in next week for the "Ask Justin" Question Of The Week. Have your own question? Ask Justin!
In this episode, you'll learn:
- what's it like in the professional Independent League
- what's the first thing to tell your pitchers when teaching them for the first time
- what one thing to do before teaching anything
- what keyword to have kids focus on instead of merely running through steps in the pitching progression
- three examples of how to improve athleticism in kids
- what body awareness means, why it's important and how to increase it
- what the kinetic chain is
- the four absolutes in the pitching delivery
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.