Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (33:10) about practice plan help for head coaches who don't have any helpers.
In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how failure management became a part of Jim's coaching style (9:06)
- why youth baseball skill development is in need of help (13:30)
- two trends Jim is seeing in the youth baseball landscape (15:11)
- the problem with a hyper-focus on velocity gains (17:34)
- whether youth pitchers in the off-season should take time off or continue to train (20:26)
- how to increase athleticism (24:00)
- how to increase velocity (25:56)
- what a throwing program looks like (28:31)
- whether accuracy should be part of the focus when training non-max velocity (30:55)
SponsorDriveline Plus. Tune in to the episode to get the code, just for YBE listeners.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode
- YBE 142: Creating Positive Experiences with Deven Morgan
- YBE 141: Training Youth Pitchers, The Driveline Way with Deven Morgan
Right-click on this link and 'Save as...' to download this episode.
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.