In this 36-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the extent of baseball parent problems in travel ball compared to rec
- how parents can educate themselves if they've never coached before
- when should parents allow their kids to start pitching
- when should parents consider starting professional lessons
- two ways parents can tell if their kid is genuinely interested in something
- how parents can handle high-pressure games
- whether travel team-hopping is appropriate
- whether parent meetings are helpful
- what topics parents may want to discuss at parent meetings that aren't typically addressed
- how to handle situations where the coach really is wrong about something
- how to defuse situations that might escalate with a stubborn coach
- how parents should deal with fellow team parents who talk about the coach behind his back
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.