How can we create more positive experiences in youth baseball? How do we help youth athletes are struggling to succeed in baseball? Deven Morgan, Director of Youth Baseball at Driveline Baseball, shares some ideas to help kids have more positive experiences. Missed Part 1? Find it here.
Plus Rob answers the Question of the Week (39:47) about whether any GameChanger stats can be used to help inspire relevant coaching drills for practices.
In this 53-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how to help a youth pitcher who is not succeeding (3:30)
- what to do instead of "intervention-style" coaching (10:46)
- two things coaches need to change about themselves to help struggling pitchers (14:38)
- how to have a better training environment, including three game ideas (17:28)
- what strength training is appropriate for youth athletes, with sample activities (21:09)
- another practice game idea (25:37)
- other Driveline resources (29:39)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Driveline Baseball blog
- article on Driveline Academy kids on-boarding
- free Driveline youth intro to arm care
- free Driveline youth practice guide
- Driveline Plus
- Hacking The Kinetic Chain—Youth
- Driveline Youth Coaches Certification course
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.