Jeff Passan, author of the New York Times-bestselling book The Arm, talks about pitching gurus and more about arm health. This is part 2 of a two-part interview series with Jeff on the podcast. Part 1 is here if you missed it.
Plus, Justin Stone of elitebaseball.tv answers the Question Of The Week about what stuff players should know when.
In this 45-minute episode, you'll learn:
- Jeff's opinion of pitching and catching on the same day
- Jeff's take on velocity
- a simple strategy for parents to help guard their son's arm better
- some thoughts on detecting false pitching "gurus"
- Jeff's thoughts on Ron Wolforth
- Jeff's thoughts on Alan Jaeger
- to what extent ARP Wave machines can help pitchers
- about "modified" Tommy John surgery
- the difference between adults and teenagers doing Tommy John surgery
- the difference between external and internal rotation of the shoulders
- Jeff's thoughts on Chris O'Leary
- whether there's a place for pitchers who don't throw 95 mph
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Chris O'Leary's response to The Arm
- The Arm book
- M Throw Sleeve
- my interview with Chris O'Leary on Session 10
- my interview with Ron Wolforth on Session 30 and Session 31
- my interview with Alan Jaeger on Session 33 and Session 34
Exclusive bonus for YBE listeners!
is giving away gave away a signed copy of his book, The Arm, to a lucky Youth Baseball Edge listener. To find out how you can enter the drawing, listen to the episode. The drawing will be held was held on Monday, August 1, 2016 at 8pm CT. Good luck!
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.